Wednesday, July 30, 2014

just half a day in the life of a mom


Today:

Josh and Christopher pumped up balloons with a small air pump and sent them flying around the house. {UFO followed by a jet stream of spit}

Before breakfast the boys moved all the furniture around in the living room in order to create an indoor volley ball court.

The almost one year old dumped a bowl of cooked oatmeal on her head. {outfit #3 coming right up for the day}

The neighbor girl keeps bopping in to ask if it is play time yet. "NOOOOOOOOO……. For Pete's sake….it's not even 12:30!!!!!"

Christopher got stung in the ear…..of all places. He's walking around looking like a lopsided Dumbo.
 
Angeline and Christopher were both victimized by a spherical hurled by my second born.

A  fight broke out at noon over…..get this….a bag of chips!!!!!!!!!

Someone was biting into the raw potatoes that I just dug to use for dinner that I am preparing for a friend.

There are 7 kids….wait….I mean…. 8 kids running around this yard that need some supervision. Actually, there are 9 counting myself.

There are smashed chips, bikes, strollers, balls, tennis rackets strewn all over the driveway.

I couldn't even carry a conversation with a good friend when I phoned her a few minutes ago.

And now my kids are biking all over the neighborhood without my permission.  Oh… and there are about 5 disputes going on around me about who is riding which bike.

I wonder when I'll get my ironing done? And what about that dress I started sewing yesterday?

 It's 12:45 pm.

Dear Lord……

I am so tired.

Please strengthen me for this hour.

 
Mr. Lopsided Dumbo
 
Miss Oatmeal Head (now I know how to make glue)
 
Ultimate Stress Reliever: look at your naughty child through a tennis racket and think prison bars. It works. You'll be laughing before you know what hit you. Especially if your kid happens to play along with the game like this guy!!!

 
 
 
Peace out, folks.....from the mom with the glazed gaze...

2 comments:

  1. I think the ultimate stress reliever might be reading your stories! ;) :) Gotta love em, excessive energy, arguing, oatmeal and all.... Peace to the Mom with the Great Sense of Humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. Your honesty is refreshing and so is the realization that these days happen to other moms as well.
    Good for you turning to the Strong One.

    ReplyDelete