Tuesday, July 22, 2014

a beautiful non-traditional flowerbed

I am passionate about urban living even though I do not consider my current living accommodations to be exactly urban.

I love cities.

I especially love when I see the creativity of urban dwellers to bring color and vegetation into their mostly greyish cement world. I am inspired as I observe how city folks utilize and maximize their small spaces.


I recently noticed a glorious burst of color on an early morning walk in my neighborhood.

 I thought this was such a clever way to use that thin strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street.


 
I felt like sitting down right there on the sidewalk to bask in the beautiful colors. Instead I snapped a few pictures.
 
It is just not true that you have to give up all love of gardening to live in the city. You only need to think outside of that 5 acre garden you have out in your back yard.
 
I'm still listening and learning and reading and full of lots of  crazy ideas when it comes to urban gardening.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. pretty! hey. you should come see my garden...except really it's more my roommate's than mine. our herb barrel (which I at least painted) is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to take pictures of your garden and Reuben's and Katrina's and then do your own blog on urban gardening. Seriously!!!!

    ReplyDelete