Friday, September 14, 2012

Older and younger

Yesterday I got to share my day with two of the finest ladies in the world!!!
First, our family celebrated Sister Eva's 87th birthday with her over her favorite dinner menu: Spaghetti and meatballs. Sister Eva is fully alive and in love with life and Jesus. She is a constant encouragement and blessing to me. When Amos asked her if she has any big plans for the year ahead she responded with enthusiasm: " Why, yes!!!! I want to learn to know Him better!!!!" She loves Jesus with all her heart and there are rivers of life flowing out of her. I receive deeply from His life and love flowing through her. I love her.
IMG_3066 
The sugar sprinkled on the whipped cream of the evening was meeting up with my friend Rosanne about 9:00 pm. Since we both love walking in the city, we opted for a walk downtown which included a quick stop by Walgreens to buy something that they didn't carry and then a nice long sit on a bench in the Diamond by the Shippen fountain talking, of course, the entire time. I love being with Rosanne. She is almost 10 years younger than me but as sisters in Christ the gap seems nonexistent. I love the hope and energy and passion that she brings to life. Her love for Jesus and for all people (especially children!) inspires and challenges me. She is one of those people that would give away her cloak and coat to a person in need. Sometimes I feel like I am walking with a modern day Mother Teresa when I am with Rosanne. She has enriched my life and I love her.
IMG_3286
She is moving to Baltimore later this week to live and work at a daycare/school. She is perfectly suited for the job. She will be missed here in Meadville. I made this collage in appreciation for all her time, energy, passion, love she poured into the lives of the children here in our town. I loved working along side her this past year at kid's club.
2011-07-302
The older lady and the younger lady, as we measure life here on earth... I love them both. I can't imagine my life without either of them. God has been so good and perfect in the way He has brought women of all ages, stages, maturity, race, grace into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment