Friday, April 24, 2015

"Yeah...there's gonna be a great big change!!!"

I'm delighted to announce that we're planning for another little set of feet to join the pitty-pitty-patter symphony at our house.




Even though Country music certainly isn't my choice of genre, I find this song to fit the emotions of our household almost perfectly. There's a lot of upbeat, happy dancing going on around here over the thought of a brand new person joining us this fall.

However, there is a heavy dose of reality that comes along with baby #6. There's no pulling any wool over my eyes this time.

I am quite familiar with the pains of pregnancy.

I'm not fond of all the emotional upheaval of changing hormones.

I really like to sleep. My last child taught me an awful lot about living with a long term deficit in this area.

I know that I must face a deep and dark and very painful valley before I get to experience the joy of a precious baby.

The responsibility of caring for 6 children feels very weighty at times.

But I am familiar with the miracle of life and the deep joy that comes to me as a woman as I am permitted to participate in this miracle.

I'm both  honored and humbled to have been chosen again to be a bearer of life here on earth.

As Christopher says "Yeah, there's gonna be a great big change!!!" (direct quote from the song above)

practicing

moving from baby status to BIG Sis

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! As a mother of five, I understand the "heavy dose of reality" completely :) Many blessings to you and yours as you look forward to the exciting changes coming to your house!

    ReplyDelete