Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Of glue guns



It is hard to know how to break this blogging fast. So pardon me as I talk about hot glue guns for a while. After I get back into better shape maybe I'll be able to write about more important issues but for now, meet my friend....
 
 




Some people preach Christ plus culture.

I preach Christ plus my glue gun. 

With these two, I can take on the world.

Seriously, this glue gun is one of my very best friends.

We have been through a lot together.

Mr. Glue Gun has been a good and faithful servant from lunch exchange creations to healing broken pumpkin stems to hair bows to pennant banners to gift wrapping to boxwood wreaths.

 I love my glue gun.

Only once has he failed me.

That pennant banner that I mentioned. Well.

Last winter I carefully and painstakingly handstitched all these letters.
It was a fun project. When it came time to assemble the banner I was having issues with sewing the fabric on to the twine, so I pulled out Mr. Gluey Gooey.
 
Presto.
 
Problem solved.

I even hot glued the twine to my wooden mantle. It worked like a charm.


















I was excited about adding my banner to my Christmas decor again this year.

 I pulled it out of storage, ironed out the wrinkles, pulled out the my trusty gluey friend and once again hot glued it to the mantel piece.

And now here comes the failure part.

Last winter our fireplace was basically an empty bomb shelter for mice and other small critters.

Until....

My wonderful husband made one of my wishes come true by purchasing a natural gas log insert to fill that empty space.

{this was not the failure}

I love it.
we all love it as you can see!!
 














 Fast forward to December 2014 -banner is hung, fire is blazing, the kids are having quiet time... 

"What just hit me on the head??" asks the startled son.

What!!??? Oh, help. Oh bother!!!

The hot glue is melting. Pieces are falling off my banner.

TOTAL HOT GLUE GUN FAILURE.

Any lesson to pull from this story???

Well....she says, stroking the few hair on her chinny-chin-chin....

1. Quick fixes are not always the best fixes
2. You should never become dependent on one tool or product as your savior.
3. Once hot glue has cooled, it's not a good idea to heat it up again.
4. I totally forget how to bring a blog post to an end.

 

6 comments:

  1. And here I've spent most of my life rarely using a glue gun. I'm almost convinced I do need one. If you ever want to get me a gift and don't know (oh yes, wedding gift! :D) just get me a glue gun. I'll try to keep it away from fireplaces. Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I want to know is, who is Alison marrying?!

    Also I'm so happy you're posting again. Keep going. You're so good at making me laugh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well..........

      Once upon a time she married and one of her bride's maids failed to give her a wedding present. I dont' know why she is taking it out on me !!??? :)

      Delete
  3. Lesson 5. You should keep writing because I need more laughs.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. rangefinders

    ReplyDelete