Tuesday, June 10, 2014

CONSECRATED {Not a mite would I with hold}

 
 
Take my life and let it be
consecrated Lord to Thee
Take my moments and my days
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
 
Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of Thy love
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee
 
Take my voice and let me sing
Always only for my King
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee
 
Take my silver and my gold
Not a mite would I with hold
Take my intellect and use every power
as Thou shalt choose.
 
Take my love, my Lord, I pour
at Thy feet its treasures store
Take myself and I will be
ever ONLY ALL for THEE.
-frances r. havergal
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is profound ... speaks to me way down in there. Sometimes I get a glimpse of what Paul meant when he wrote that women will be saved in childbearing. In motherhood we have so many opportunities to lay down our natural ways and take up His, as a servant to our children, husband, and community. You've put together a beautiful and meaningful illustration to the song - thanks!
    - Karen, a friendly lurker :)

    ReplyDelete