Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I smell it....

Autumn is in the air.



I pull the blanket up around my neck and snuggle baby girl a little tighter. I want to stay in bed a little longer. I step outside and and breathe deep....that crisp cool air is so refreshing. A few leaves are just starting to show golden colors. I feel like cooking. Something with rich fall-time flavor... Sweet potatoes. Maybe some apple crisp? Or my favorite pumpkin cake?

I love fall. Its hues. Its smells. Its food. Its temperatures.

I smell it in the air today. It makes dream of a yummy hot drink.



Or a good book.

Anything but Curious George, please!

No, I do not mean reading out loud to an audience!


Or an afternoon nap.


All of which are not possibilities for me today.

Why is it so easy to wish for that which is just out of my reach and forget about all the wonderful things within my reach???

Today I get to:

Hold, comfort, cuddle, feed, change, comfort, rock, feed, comfort, rock this little Sugar Lump all day long!



And celebrate Mile 3 with this Charming Little Man.
just 3 very short years ago









                                                           Happy Birthday, Christopher!!!



Oh, and get ready for a trip to Iowa to attend my little brother's wedding

And feed my family

And do laundry

And enjoy the splendor of this day.


p.s. fall means hibernation is just around the corner. Just another reason to love the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment